Thursday, March 19, 2015

Two weeks in: my life has become a series of command Z



Soon after I started taking pictures of the items I want to include in the double-page spread and table of contents, I transferred them into photoshop in order to edit, undo, redo, cut out, and erase. It seems as though trial and error has worked to my benefit given the fact that I have become a photoshop pro and enthusiast. Not only do I have a majority of my pictures and icons edited as well as cut out but I have also developed a deep respect for people who photograph for magazines because well, it is no easy task. 



Although I mastered the arts of Photoshop, my photography skills, or lack-there-of implemented frustration in the process of my project. After decorating a corner in my house with white poster boards, I laid out my items and started my photo shoot, however, the lighting was strange, the clothes looked wrinkled, and the angels were making my items look disproportional. I rubbed my temples, took some deep breaths and started all over. In the end, I was very pleased with my results and how they look on my pages. Now I am trudging on along with the layout and the process of putting my ideas on paper, so far so good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment